Alongside great photographs, your description is the second major showcase for your item. If you want to make a swift sale and attract potential buyers, you’ll find it much easier when your description is clear, simple and honest.
Create the perfect listing by following these simple guidelines
- Inspect your item carefully. Be upfront about any small defects such as scratches or stains and include photographs of any problem areas.
- Get snappy. Show your item at its best with at least 3 well-lit, quality photographs taken against a plain background. Include clear photographs of any defects.
- Be thorough. Describe your item precisely and in as much detail as possible, including details of origin wherever possible. Where did you get the item? When? What is it made of? What is the precise colour?
- Include any supporting information. This could include a proof of purchase, authenticity card, or certificate. This adds authenticity to your listing, making the item more attractive to buyers.
- Choose the condition that best describes your item. If you can’t decide between two quality rankings, choose the lower one. This will avoid negotiation later down the line, which could result in the price being lowered or the sale cancelled.
- Set a fair price. Have a look at similar listings on Vestiaire Collective and set your price accordingly.
- Choose your moment. List your items during the season in which they’re most likely to sell.
Important: Please do not include any liquids (eg. care products for watches) in any parcels you ship. No liquids should be shown or mentioned in your item listing’s or photographs. Any liquids included will be removed during our checks, and the shipment of any liquids direct to the buyer as part of their order is forbidden.
If at any point it becomes clear that the item does not perfectly match its description or photographs, the price of the item could be lowered or any sale cancelled.
💡 Good to know - Once you’ve submitted your listing, it will be carefully reviewed by our team and, if approved, should be live within 24 hours. To find out why a listing or item might be refused, just click here.
Need some help adding some great photos to your listing? Check out our advice here.