Quality Control assessments and results are provided by our dedicated team at Vestiaire Collective.
If we get in touch with you with a report following the Quality Control checks of an item you recently ordered, it means the item does not perfectly match the pictures and description provided by the seller.
If this is the case, we will let you know via email, which will include:
- Pictures of the detected defects.
- The new price offer from our experts.
We will also inform the seller of our findings and the new price offer.
At this point both you and the seller must respond to the new price suggestion. Here's how that works:
- If you decline the new price offer, you will receive a full refund.
- If the seller declines the offer, you still have 14 days to purchase the item at the original price.
- If the offer is accepted by both parties, the order will be processed as usual.
What about the price difference?
You’ll receive a voucher for the difference between the old and the new price. This may be used on your next order on Vestiaire Collective.
💡 Good to know - Quality Control assessments with or without a price reduction may also be opened if an item authenticated by our team reveals one or more functional alterations such as zippers, snap fastenings or bag clasps. This is because item modifications can lead to the refusal of after-sales care by the brand. Vestiaire Collective declines all responsibility in this regard.