Quality Control assessments and results are provided by our dedicated team at Vestiaire Collective.
If we get in touch with you during a sale to provide a Quality Control report, it means the item you have ordered does not perfectly match the pictures and description provided at the time of the listing.
If this is the case, we will let you know in an email, which will include:
- Pictures of the detected defects.
- The new price offer from our experts.
We will also inform the buyer of our findings and the new price offer.
At this point both you and the buyer must respond to the new price suggestion. Here's how that works:
- If your buyer declines the offer, the order is cancelled.
- If you decline the offer, your buyer can still purchase the item at the original price within 14 days.
- If the offer is accepted by both parties, the order will be processed as usual.
💡 Good to know - Our experts may also offer a report on the Quality Control findings without reducing the price. This might be the case if the colour of the item is different to that stated in your description, for example.