What is Quality Control?
During Quality Control checks, our experts carefully check the item to ensure that it is exactly as described by the seller and to ensure that the item you have ordered meets your expectations.
Quality Control checks include:
- The condition of the item, as detailed 🔍 here
- The color
- The size
- The conformity to our catalog rules found 🔍 here
A Quality Control report will be sent if we need to let you know about:
- A discrepancy between the item and its listing: We will inform you if the item differs in any way from from the description provided by the seller. Based on the information provided in the report, you will have the option to continue with the sale or to cancel it and receive a full refund.
- An order cancellation: If the item doesn’t respect our Catalog Rules, then we will cancel your order and issue a full refund. We will inform both you and the seller of the reason for the cancellation via a Quality Control report.
Good to know: A quality control report does not call into question the authenticity of the item. Any item that has reached the Quality Control step has already been approved by our authentication experts.
A Quality Control Report will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about the item you wish to buy. The same report is also shared with the seller, and will include:
- Pictures of the detected discrepancies
- A description of the discrepancy
- The significance of the discrepancy (if relevant)
You’ll also find the Quality Control Report:
On the App: Me → My Orders → Click the item concerned
On the Website: My Orders → Find the item concerned → Show details
After receiving the report, you will have 72 hours to confirm whether you would like to proceed with the order, or cancel it and receive a full refund including all fees.
How do I confirm my choice?
First locate and open the Quality Control Report via the email we sent you, then simply click the option you prefer.