During Quality Control checks, our experts carefully check the item to ensure that it is exactly as described, and to ensure the buyer’s expectations will be met.
Quality Control checks include:
If we get in touch with you during a sale to provide a Quality Control report, it means the item and/or the additional elements (eg: packaging, handle) do not perfectly match the pictures and description provided at the time of the listing.
A Quality Control report will be sent if we need to let you know about:
- A discrepancy between the item and its listing: We will inform you if the item differs in any way from the description provided. Based on the information provided in the report, the buyer will have the option to continue with the sale or to cancel it and receive a full refund.
- An order cancellation: If the item doesn’t respect our Catalog Rules, then we will cancel your sale and issue a full refund. We will inform both you and the buyer of the reason for the cancellation via a Quality Control report.
The quality control report will include:
- Pictures of the detected discrepancies
- Name of the discrepancy
- The significance of the discrepancy (if relevant)
We will also inform the buyer of our findings. The buyer then has 72 hours to decide if they would like to proceed with the order or cancel it and receive a full refund. If the buyer does not respond within those 72 hours, the sale will be canceled.
If your buyer cancels an order following a Quality Control Report
You can choose whether the item is:
- Returned directly to you. Please note that you will be responsible for any duties and taxes incurred for the return of the item in this case.
- Stored safely at Vestiaire Collective, in order to be shipped as soon as it’s resold. In this case, the item will need to be relisted on your account with an updated description. More information on creating the perfect Listing can be found here.