Alongside great photographs, your description is the second major showcase for your item. If you want to make a swift sale and attract potential buyers, you’ll find it much easier when your description is clear, simple and honest.
The description should be as detailed as possible and should answer all the questions the buyer could want to ask.
- What is the item made of?
- What’s the precise color?
- What are the item’s precise measurements?
- Are there any defects? Explain them in detail to avoid negotiations later, and include detailed photographs of any imperfections.
- Have any alterations been made to the item? Provide all the details you can, and include photographs to illustrate any changes.
- Are the original labels missing or intact?
- Are there any extras? An authenticity card, original dust bag, etc.
If at any point it becomes clear that the item does not perfectly match its description or photographs, the price of the item could be lowered or any sale cancelled.
💡 Good to know - Once you’ve submitted your listing, it will be carefully reviewed by our team and, if approved, should be live within 24 hours. To find out why a listing or item might be refused, just 🔍 click here.
Need some help adding some great photos to your listing? Check out our advice 🔍 here.